iJail - UK criminal offences app
Designed not just for the legal professional or student but also for the everyday person, iJail contains a selection of the most common criminal offences that are dealt with by the UK Magistrates Courts.
iJail not only provides a concise easy to use and understand summary of offences and the likely sentence that a judge may give but also provides guidance on what factors may be taken into account by a judge to influence a higher or lower sentence being given to an accused person.
Once downloaded no Internet connection is required for use
At a glance
- Definitions for each offence to allow the user to understand what act/s amount to a criminal offence.
- Guidance on likely sentences as well as aggravating and mitigating factors.
- Explanatory notes to help the everyday person understand legal jargon.
- Search engine function
- Bookmark function
- Sharing capabilities with Facebook and Twitter
- Contains the most recent update to the Magistrates Courts Sentencing Guidelines as of 13th June 2011 in respect of assault offences.
"Great app for law students and general public"